Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:26:44 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Exporting Tar via FTP on the fly

	Hi.  I got a server that every so often needs to have several large files
backed up via tar.  Problem is there also isn't enough local storage space
to store the tar file while it's being written.  Enter FTP.  I was
wondering if there is a way to export the tar file on the fly as its being
written via FTP to a central storage server.  I could use samba of course,
I'm sure, but neither server has samba and due to a number of reasons,
we're not planning on adding samba to either system anytime soon.  So my
only option is to either use a removable USB HD and sneakernet it over to
the other server, or figure out a way to transfer it via FTP while it's
being written.  Any suggestions?