Date:      Tue, 2 May 2006 17:48:19 +0200
From:      Bruno Ducrot <ducrot@poupinou.org>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: acpi_thermal on nforce 4 board

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 03:39:55PM +0200, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I recently got a new motherboard and CPU. I like to keep a tap on the
> CPU temperature. xmbmon utility no longer works on this hardware, so I
> turned to ACPI.
>
> Since I assembled the system on Monday, the temperature never changed:
>
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 21.8C
>
> Is our acpi_thermal(4) supposed to work with nForce 4 chipsets?

acpi_thermal(4) is arch (in fact i386 ia64 and amd64) and chipset
independant.  It's therefore AML methods related to thermal zones
that's seems to be broken to my eyes.

> It's MSI Neo4-FI board, dmesg is at http://hood.oook.cz/techno/ I can
> get a verbose boot dmesg later, if needed. BIOS is latest (5.0).

Could you please give a link to an acpidump output as well?

See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html
to this end.

PS: if mbmon works, then delete this mail :)

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.