Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:02:26 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@ontario.mooseriver.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Stefan Bethke <stefan.bethke@hanse.de>, jgrosch@MooseRiver.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SETI on FreeBSD

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 06:17:19PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > > The SETI@home project at Berkeley has released binaries for FreeBSD. The
> > > page address is
> > >
> > >         http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/unix_cgi
> >
> > You can now also use the port (ports/astro/setiathome).
>

> Which brings up an interesting idea...
>
> How about at the end of the install, people are offered a list
> of "CPU cycle charities" to which they can donate by checking
> the box?
>
> Like the "Contribute $1 to the Presidential Campaign Fund" box
> on US Income Tax forms...

Good idea, Terry! Of course, we can all hear Jordan chanting his mantra,
"Great, send me the diffs". I'll look at the install code and see if I can
figure how to fit this in.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.1
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses