Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:35:15 +0200
From:      michael <michael@nettmail.de>
To:        Nikolay Kanchev <niki@amk-drives.bg>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-security Digest, Vol 26, Issue 1

Hi,

you should also disable the booting from cdrom or
better remove the connctor-cable from the cdrom-drive.

I be an experienced Admin and I know how to mount bsd-partitions
w/o any logging.....use the SuSE-8.2 cdrom and start the rescue-system
(i know not if it is possible with the original CD, may
i have an modified frm me) this allow you to mount any partition
an slice on the disks in the physical system.

And at this point you have loosed all the security-solutions in the
BSD themselfes. You should really connect an special crafted
Hardware-Keylogger.

I mean you can found an plan from this whit modified cabling
to log the keystrokes to an another box (doubling and logging)
or to logging into the serial-interface from another box..

btw

Michael