Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:37:09 -0500
From:      "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <lmcabea@lmc.ericsson.se>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing just the bin distro via installworld

Hum... Ok. You are probably right. ("It's all I can do") But I don't
think there's a "perfect match" between a system installed with bin and
crypto distros with sysinstall and an installworld done with "almost
everything" turned off... I guess I would have to prove my point here,
but.. hem.. I will!

I guess I would be better off installing stable from
releng4.freebsd.org... :)

But even then I wouldn't have my custom kernel.. :(

Are there plans to modularize the world in more distinct packages?
What are the current trends in the sysinstall / buildworld processes?

just wondering...

thanks

a.