Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 19:15:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: card removal problems

> When I put my
> 3C589D on the network, it would wedge in this same manner -- usually
> beeping steadily until I powered the TP560 down.  So I agree that there
> are still problems out there...

Some of these 'problems' are hard to get around, since interrupts are
still happening when the the card is pulled, so the kernel doesn't know
that the hardware doesn't exist.  This causes lockups in Win95 as well
as many other OS's as well, although it happens *rarely* on my box even
when on the network.  I may be 'disabling' in the wrong order which
makes the race condition easier to find, so I'd like to find out where
it's dying/hanging if possible.

Nate