Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:33:23 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Sergey Mukhin <violet@rtcomm.ru>
To:        mb@imp.ch
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port staroffice60-6.0 removes files in subtree

Hi Martin,

Thank you for that information.

Well, probably I missed the point.

I did not think if I remove package staroffice 5.2
and after that install 6.0 it is still upgrade.

And I have got ( damn, had got! )  a  real `work' directory
and symlinks from there to few other directories, a slightly
different case.

Besides that, those files get lost after each start of
that starorifice, not just during upgrade. ( Had enjoyed
few times ).

Think you better add this info to pkg-message too.

I am not sure about error report to the sun newsgroups
as they never declared thad beast runs on FreeBSD.
Please tell if that's not so.

To speak generally I have no words to comment this case.
Looks like people is working hard to change UNIX to
something Microsoft-looking. :-[

BTW, is the 'file open' menu really broken or I missed something
again?

Sergey