Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:29:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu>
To:        "Kasper (swebase)" <kasper@swebase.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual processors.

> I have been told that FreeBSD dont support 2 processors very well, and that
> linux should do this better.
>
> Can anyone please inform me about its facts?

Kasper,
	I recently made the move from Linux to FreeBSD on my SMP machine.
From what I can tell the SMP support on FreeBSD is in a bit more raw of a
format and is certainly still under-development.  But, It does work.  The
software I am running on the SMP runs almost equivalently on the FreeBSD
machine as it did on the Linux.  If that is the only thing holding you
back, I say dive in the waters warm :-)
	- Russ