Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:13:44 -0500
From:      "JJB" <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
To:        "dps" <dan@i-tds.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail Newbie Question

You can not use your FBSD sendmail server to send email to the
public internet because you do not have officially registered domain
name. You can install fetchmail to retrieve your email from your ISP
and populate your gateway sendmail mail boxes. Then config your lan
users mail clients to target your sendmail server to get their
email. But really that is a lot of busy work unless you want to
learn about how email works. What you should really do is config
your lan users email clients to get their email directly from your
ISP, side stepping sendmail completely.  You will only use sendmail
to receive email msgs to root from the FBSD operating system. You
know, when you log in an root, the you have mail mesg.