Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:18:23 -0400
From:      "Dragoncrest" <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange Mouse issue

Recently I had my BSD install go totally down in flames with a smashing
finale where it exploded into a billion pieces and wafted off into
oblivion.  (blame the hardware, not me.)  Anywho, I've since resurrected
the box but with one strange little quirk.  The mouse freaks out like a
cat on crack.  Any movement causes it to jump to the upper left corner,
go absolutely apesh** and do some totally weird things like false right
and left clicks even if all I'm doing is moving the mouse.  Reboot
didn't resolve the issue (had to reboot anyways as part of a kernel
rebuild) so I am assuming it's not a hardware issue.  The mouse works
fine in the console, but it absolutely will not work under X.  Any
ideas?  I've even rebuilt my X config several times.