Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 2014 21:11:28 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        bapt@FreeBSD.org, mexas@bris.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: please set math/gnuplot PDF=off by default, or resolve texlive vs teTeX

>From baptiste.daroussin@gmail.com Mon Jul  7 21:07:54 2014
>
>On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 07:32:23PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>> # make -C /usr/ports/math/gnuplot/ showconfig
>> =3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for gnuplot-=
>4.6.5_3:
>>      CAIRO=3Don: Cairo graphics library support
>>      DOCS=3Don: Build and/or install documentation
>>      EXAMPLES=3Don: Build and/or install examples
>>      GD=3Don: GD graphics library support
>>      GRIDBOX=3Don: Use the gridbox optimization for hidden3d
>>      PDF=3Don: PDF document support
>>      ^^^^^^
>>=20
>The right thing here is to finish migrating the ports tree to texlive and r=
>emove
>old teTeX I have been working a bit on that, but got borred, if others want=
>join the party that would be helpful
>
>gnuplot is one of the port I failed at switching to texlive

sorry, this I don't understand.

If I set TEX_DEFAULT=texlive, and then build gnuplot
with PDF=on, then it uses texlive, and no teTeX is required.

However, the default, in ports/Mk/bsd.tex.mk is TEX_DEFAULT=tetex,
hence the default packages are built with tetex.

Or are you talking about something else?

Thanks

Anton