Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:39:13 -0700
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'Eric Fiterman'" <fiterman@torrentnet.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: multiple IP addresses in /etc/hosts

Not exactly sure what your trying to accomplish - just tryuing to verify
that the ip addresses are operating the way they should?

nmap will probably do what you need, it's a network scanner designed to do
things like scan whole subnets.  You will find it in ports/security/nmap
IIRC, not only is it a great network scanner but it will do other tricks
like jump through flaming hoops and TCP thumbprint remote OS's.

Gene Dinkey
aka
Master of my domain
aka