Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:50:25 +0100
From:      "sysadmin@mfn.org" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        "sysadmin@mfn.org" <sysadmin@mfn.org>, "'Doug White'" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "'-Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: rdist oddity

Oh yes, the magic word is there, BUT...

(1) I feel like an IDIOT about the rdist: my .rhosts wasn't mode 600.  And
of course enabling world-read/write while "tracking it down" didn't help
either 8->     I could just hit myself in the head with a *pipe*!!!

(2) I come from an SVR3/4 background, as you know, and I'm not
used to having 3 files associated with my users: passwd, master.passwd,
and pw.db (I may have that last one wrong, but you know what I mean).

The .db file tripped me up!  That will take getting used to...  I will have to
get out of the habit of direct edits, which, as we all know, is an atrocious
habit anyway...

Thanks Anyway!

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org