Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:11:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Harkirat Singh <singh@pdx.edu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>, Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>, Brian White <bwhite@moab.cs.utah.edu>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SACK (and older TCP stack) availability?

Hello,

I am sorry due to some reasons I have not been able to check this mail
account in the past.

I faced problem in validation of Implementation due to lack of efficient
tools, I used wireless bed so by default tcpdump (at wi0 interface) was in
promiscuous-mode and one packet was dumped appx three times.

I used Ostermann's tcptrace and tcpdump and then did a packet by pkt
trace, SACK was behaving as desirable. However, I wish if there would have
been more efficient tool.

I also verified implementation in a wireless testbed of 3 hop network and
using Dummynet for creating reorder, loss, delay etc..(many thanks to
Rizzo for such a magnificent tool!). SACK showed higher thruput than Reno
and Newreno under various test conditions.

I was doing an Energy performance of Reno, NewReno and SACK part of my
thesis and I used kernel.GENERIC (FreeBSD4.3) for reno and NewReno.

Please let me know if I can be of any of help.

Regards,

Harkirat