Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 20:37:56 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: boot1

> On 03-Jan-02 David E. Cross wrote:
> > I'd like to create a /boot.config switch that will have boot1 _not_ read
from
> > the console; this is for a secure setup.  Would others be interested in
these
> > patches when I finish them?
>
> Yes.  I've seen other places use this, and I would commit it. :)

How would this affect systems where you *have* to hit enter at the first
"boot:" prompt in order to kick off a boot sequence?  I've got two identical
machines (same hardware, cloned hard drives), and one of them simply won't
boot unless you hit enter.  Turning off console imput would render this
system useless after a reboot :)

I think there's a PR open about this somewhere.

--
Matt Emmerton