Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:28:31 +0100
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Oliver Cook <ollie@uk.clara.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, iedowse@maths.tcd.ie
Subject:   Re: open (vfs_syscalls.c:994) && NFS

In message <20010425150852.B37512@mutare.noc.clara.net>, Oliver Cook writes:
>After about a week there are hundreds of stuck
>httpd processes in exactly this state. It is not
>possible to attach to them, but information can
>be gleaned from a kernel backtrace:

Could you post the full output of "ps axl" on one of these machines?
In this output, search for other odd process states, especially
"vmopar", and include a gdb backtrace from these processes too.

This sounds like a problem I described in

	http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=243599+249172+/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-hackers/20001022.freebsd-hackers

	(split URL is
	http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=243599+249172+
	/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-hackers/20001022.freebsd-hackers
	in case the above doesn't work)

Ian