Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:33:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        Randy Primeaux <randy@Cloudfactory.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: got RAID?

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Randy Primeaux wrote:

> what's the current preference for 4-STABLE ata RAID-1, hardware or software?

Depending on what you want to do and how much money is available you may
want to consider an IDE Raid solution like www.3ware.com. There are
others that work with FreeBSD too, but this is the only one I have worked
with.

I can't comment on performance, because I have nothing to compare the
machine to. I use it mostly as a big storage space and performance is not
much of an issue on the machine where I use it.