Date:      Sun, 02 Sep 2001 13:54:51 -0700
From:      "Seunghun T. Lee" <thomasl@san.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NET3/4 for BSD?

I'm making transition from Linux to BSD right now. Since I'm not super
adapt at Linux either, BSD is a little confusing.

I remember documents like NET3/4 and Linux 2.4 Adv Routing howto for linux
and they helped much. Is there such comprehensive document for BSD's
networking capability and configuration?

I found couple of documents which has little bits on every networking
daemon (nfs, samba, dns, etc). But what I need is things like how to setup
and configure interfaces, setting kernel options about networking
(sysctl?), and net utilities like route and netstat and stuff. Also, about
files like /etc/services and stuff.

I'm using this as a router for my house, sharing broad band connection with
the rest of the computers. I used to use Linux 2.4, but when the HD
crashed, I thought I might as well try BSD.

         --Seunghun T. Lee