Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:41:53 -0500
From:      Garrett Moore <garrettmoore@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject:   Re: immense delayed write to file system (ZFS and UFS2), performance issues

The drives being discussed in my related thread (regarding poor performance=
)
are all WD Green drives. I have used wdidle3 to set all of my drive timeout=
to 5 minutes. I'll see what sort of difference this makes for performance.

Even if it makes no difference to performance, thank you for pointing it ou=
-- my drives have less than 2,000 hours on them and were all over 90,000
load cycles due to this moronic factory setting. Since changing the timeout=
,
they haven't parked (which is what I would expect).

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>wro=
te: