Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 00:24:52 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving pccardd up on rc

In message <200006180403.NAA00311@daniel.sobral> "Daniel C. Sobral" writes:
: This is a patch I have been using locally for a while. It moves pccardd
: to very early in /etc/rc, so that disks on PCMCIA controllers can be
: fscked and mounted. It also requires pccardd and logger to be installed
: on /sbin and /bin, respectively.
:
: I can't think of a single good reason not to introduce this change. I
: know pccardd as we know it has it's days counted, but things with days
: counted have a tendency of staying around much longer than we wanted
: them to (God help us)...
:
: Useful criticisms? Witty remarks? Unrelated flames?

pccardd is going to go away in 5.0 release.  And we can't move it in
-stable.  Let sleeping dogs lie.  If I don't get NEWCARD in place,
then we can revisit this issue.  Let's revisit this at BSD CON...
Fair enough?

Warner