Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:47:04 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TODO list for volunteers (similar to the list of things for Google's summer of code)

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:42:27 -0500
linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon) wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 03:44:03PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > I intend to write everything up over the next week and give it to some
> > of our docs people for SGML review (if nobody volunteers I pick someone
> > out of the blue and ask nicely for a review :-) ).
>
> I wonder if such a list, being fairly subject to change, might not be
> better suired to a wiki rather than being committed to SGML?

Technical reasons:
If someone implements an entry from the list, it's not much work to
commit the removal of the entry from the list. And since we don't want
to have an endless list, the number of additions should be limited.
Since a commit requires a commit log, the removal of a non-sense entry
also comes with a reason (at least it should).

At least the last part looks like a VCS is well suited for the job.

Visual reasons:
You can use the power of SQML to render structured data, while in a
wiki you have to do everything on your own (with the typical cut&paste
errors and inconsistencies).

Do you have any strong reasons which make the wiki a better choice?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            0 and 1. Now what could be so hard about that?