Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:10:43 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "jhunt@blaz.niinet.net" <jhunt@blaz.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: default ftp program in FreeBSD

On Wednesday, 24 January 2001 at 12:45:47 -0600, jhunt@blaz.niinet.net wrote:

> only information I see is ftp version 6.0.  Anyone know
> exactly what ftp program it uses by default?

The current ftp client was written by Luke Mewburn of the NetBSD
project, and we got it from NetBSD.  You can be very sure that Luke
didn't write it from scratch, and in all probability its code goes
back to the initial BSD IP implementation in the early 80s.

> I would like to install the same type on a linux machine I use at
> work.

The source is in /usr/src/usr.bin/ftp/.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.