Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Maury Markowitz <maury@OAAI.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Presenting FreeBSD to a Linux Users Group?

:>   3.  Show them some of the cooler parts of FreeBSD.  I am
:> particularly and continually impressed with the ports/pkg collection.
:> There just isn't an easier way to do it.
:
:  I'm coming from the OS-X world and my FreeBSD use is maybe 20
:hours total, but is this really any different than the Debian dpkg
:collection stuff?
:
I stopped using Linux (RedHat) a little over 2 years ago, but one of
my worst memories was constantly fighting with RPM.  I don't know if
it's changed substantially in the last 2 years, but my experience with
the ports/pkg system has been pleasant and stress free.  That however,
is just my personal experience.  I'm sure that someone's out there who
can tell me that RPM is just dandy and the ports/pkg collection is
difficult to work with.  :/