Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:40:01 -0700
From:      "David Kurtzberg" <david@cql.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem...

I'm trying to do an ftp install of freebsd on my laptop, using the 3.3 poa
bootdisks.  I boot the disks, go through the kernel configuration, and get
into the installation program.  It recognizes my pcmcia network card (which
is a 3com etherlink 3 3C589C), and I configure everything in the network
configuration screen.  I pick my host site, but it wont conect.  so, How do
I get it to connect?

***Things ive tried
-Read faq, both my cardbus and card are supported, picked cardbus from teh
menu disallowing irqs 1-9, no luck
-got the exact address(for pcic0), put it in the cli mode kernel
configuration, didnt work

so, anyone have any ideas?

thanks
-Dave