Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 00:06:35 -0600
From:      Ralf Black <ralf@acadiacom.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail

Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

>         the lists are in the cc: line rather than the from: so that
>         people can easily take side issues off-line, so that mail
>         between the main protaganists of a issue flows faster, and
>         because all the lists are this way ;)
>
> jmb

Why would I join a mailing list discussing a product like FreeBSD?
To learn about it and gather information about it. If everything is
taken private, I have to ask more questions while I could read replies
of the list and save a lot of asking.
So far, everyone responds to both and ends up with two messages.

Happy deleting,
Ralf