Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 02:51:21 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "Jonathan Glenn L. Ocab" <ocabj@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4 port will not build, 4.5 stable

Jonathan Glenn L. Ocab wrote:

> I'm a Linux->FreeBSD convert thanks to a friend of mine. So I'm very new to
> FreeBSD, but I really like the ease of maintenance of FreeBSD so far.
>
> I've already cvsup'ed my freebsd box (updated all src and ports) and
> customized my kernel and did a make buildworld.
>
> But, I was trying to install XFree86-4 and came up with the following error
> when I tried to 'make' the port:
>
> /* Begin Clipping */
> config/cf/xf86site.def:631: warning: `InstallXdmConfig' redefined
> config/cf/host.def:5: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> config/cf/xf86site.def:632: warning: `InstallXinitConfig' redefined
> config/cf/host.def:6: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> config/cf/xf86site.def:633: warning: `InstallFSConfig' redefined
> config/cf/host.def:7: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> In file included from config/cf/FreeBSD.cf:552,
>                  from config/cf/Imake.tmpl:94,
>                  from Imakefile.c:14:
> config/cf/xfree86.cf:14: version.def: No such file or directory
> In file included from config/cf/site.def:158,
>                  from config/cf/Imake.tmpl:100,
>                  from Imakefile.c:14:
> config/cf/host.def:5: warning: `InstallXdmConfig' redefined
> config/cf/xf86site.def:631: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> config/cf/host.def:6: warning: `InstallXinitConfig' redefined
> config/cf/xf86site.def:632: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> config/cf/host.def:7: warning: `InstallFSConfig' redefined
> config/cf/xf86site.def:637: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> config/cf/host.def:10: warning: `BuildFontServer' redefined
> config/cf/xf86site.def:635: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> ./config/imake/imake: Exit code 1.
>   Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4.
> /* End Clipping */
>
> It appears to be bombing in the /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries tree, so
> I just cd'ed over to that directory to just make that port, and it did the
> same thing.
>
> Anyone know what is going on? Thanks for the help.

You have dependancies that have to be updated first. I just got
through building XFree86-4.2.0 and didn't have any problems. You have
to basically replace everything from imake4 on but you may have to go
lower than that. You also need to make sure that you have the correct
verstion of freetype2 before you start your build of the libraries.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA