Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:53:04 +0800
From:      "cfliu" <cfliu@csie.nctu.edu.tw>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is recv/sendmsg important for AF_INET only sockets?

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C1C139.2C63F710

Hi, I am implementing a small BSD socket layer which supports only the =
AF_INET family. I am wondering whether recvmsg() and sendmsg() calls are =
required for the INET protocol family. I don't know if I should =
implemented it or not. I have looked up some open source projects and =
grepped for recvmsg and sendmsg calls but couldn't find any.   How often =
do people use recvmsg/sendmsg() calls (also readv()/writev()) in their =
BSD socket based Internet applications? Is it safe NOT to implement =
these functions for a INET socket?

Thanks.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C1C139.2C63F710

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbig5" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi, I am implementing a small BSD socket layer=20
which&nbsp;supports only the AF_INET family. I am wondering whether =
recvmsg()=20
and sendmsg() calls are required for the INET protocol family. I don't =
know if I=20
should implemented it or not. I have looked up some open source projects =
and=20
grepped for recvmsg and sendmsg calls but couldn't find any.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
How=20
often do people use recvmsg/sendmsg() calls (also readv()/writev()) in =
their BSD=20
socket based Internet applications? Is it safe NOT to implement these =
functions=20
for a INET socket?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C1C139.2C63F710--