Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:48:22 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xlockmore problem ?

Hi.

I am experiencing a problem with xlockmore, which is a recent problem.
It has always worked in the past, but after a recent make world
(running 4-current), it continuously fails with a signal 6.
I rebuilt it, but this doesn't appear to make a difference.

It does not core dump, and the output of a ktrace is
267=[khetan@chain] ~$ ktrace /usr/X11R6/bin/xlock
+ ktrace /usr/X11R6/bin/xlock
oops: 1339
Abort trap
268=[khetan@chain] ~$ kdump -f ktrace.out
+ kdump -f ktrace.out
 37499 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
 37499 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xefbfd83f,0xefbfd744,0xefbfd74c)
 37499 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/X11R6/bin/xlock"
 37499 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1"
269=[khetan@chain] ~$

I believe that there used to be a problem with the FPU usage
of xlockmore, but this was apparently fixed at least a year or
two ago.

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Security-wise, NT is a OS with a "kick me" sign taped to it