Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:30:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Vinay Gupta <vinay@dtix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI LKM driver source code?

> Where can I get example source code for PCI device drivers
> for FreeBSD that are built as LKMs? Is there any documentation
> available on this subject?

You could look in /usr/src/sys/modules/ and pick anything out that is a
module and has a PCI device driver. I'm using a module for the if_xl
driver right now as well as the bktr driver. You will notice that there is
no source code in any of the /usr/src/sys/modules directories, that is
because the regular drivers are used... so just check out the regular
drivers. I would reccomend using FreeBSD 4.x for this, and also, FreeBSD
hasn't used LKM's since 3.0 I believe, they're called KLD's now. :-)