Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 1999 12:17:19 +0900
From:      NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
To:        Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

> It's a dirty world.  How can I tell the difference between an
> uninitialized chip and one that the BIOS has initialized?
> I would be happy to use the BIOS values if I could identify them.

For example, Chandra has two PCIC. One is RF5C296 that true ISA
PCIC, at 0x3e2. Another is TI PCI1130 that CardBus controller, at
0x3e4 for legacy mode.

If multi PCIC exist and these are over two types, Ted's code not
work correct. It should be use BIOS setup for PnP, if it can.

> Also the 3.1 pcic code seems to always look for the card at
> PCIC_INDEX_0 (Nate, Nick, did I read that right?).  I agree that it
> would be better to be more general, but I don't want to rewrite pcic.c.

It should be modifiy ... like PAO.

--
NAKAGAWA, Yoshihisa
	y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp