Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:44:12 -0400
From:      "Drew Derbyshire" <software@kew.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Security Announcements?

Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org> wrote ...

> Well if you want the latest security fixes you shouldn't be running a
> -release anyway, that's that the -stable branch is for.

One should not expect production servers to be running pre-beta code.
Running -stable means you get *everything*, and that's not what a production
server owner wants or needs.

(FreeBSD needs a reasonable patch utility (ala Redhat Linux's up2date) for
semi-automated patch management -- but this ground has been covered before.
I'm not trying to open that can of worms here.)

-ahd-