Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:47:51 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Sumanth NS <beastie@poisson.ece.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   A FreeBSD bridge..

Hi!

I plan to implement a FreeBSD bridge with two
interfaces connecting my router and my LAN.

My question, before I go ahead with the installation,
is whether the default "This computer wants to be a gateway.."
option, in /stand/sysinstall, would be enough to push
traffic up and down through the interfaces, or do I need
to specifically install additional software?

I'm particularly concerned about SYN and ICMP floods entering
my network, and am planning to block all such traffic using ipfw,
on this intended bridge.

All pointers, ideas and suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,
Sumanth