Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 2009 00:35:25 -1000
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        f-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: eSATA and/or Firewire 800|400 card, cardbus or expresscard 54mm

in message <20090624121036.GA3661@holstein.holy.cow>, wrote
parv@pair.com thusly...

> On soon to be acquired SATA hard disk[1], I will try first
> 7-STABLE (and later 8.x).  To continue to be able to reliably[2]
> use one of the SATA hard drives, I am looking for suggestions for
> a eSATA, or Firewire 800 or 400 card either be cardbus or
> ExpressCard type.

Here are some of the likely candidates ...

  SIIG SC-SAEE22-S1 eSATA II 2-Port ExpressCard
  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000LCZ2SW/

  Addonics Cardbus Esata CONTROLLER2 Ports
  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AAZQQS/

  Vantec UGT-ST350CB 2-Port eSATA II-150 PCMCIA CardBus
  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000HJ75C0/

  Startech Card Bus IEEE-1394 Firewire Notebook Card
  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000512GH/

... Please let me know if you had/have good or bad experience with them.

  - Parv