Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:50:06 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Attansic ethernet controller

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:27:12PM -0500, david coder wrote:
 > The Asus P5B-E motherboard on-board ethernet controller is the Attansic
 > L1 PCI-E [copper] Gigabit LAN controller.  I don't need the gigabit but I
 > would like the 100MB.  As far as I can see, 6.x doesn't support this
 > controller.  Am I wrong?  Does anybody have a patch?

I think FreeBSD has no driver support for Attansic L1 Gigabit
Ethernet. It seems that the Attansic L1 is used on onboard network
devices(LOM) for Asus M2V, P5B-E and P5L-VM 1394 etc. I don't know
there are publicly available documentations for the hardware but it
seems that Linux already has an experimental driver for the hardware.
I don't have the hardware so writing a driver for the hardware is
not possible to me but other developers that have the hardware can
help you.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon