Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:37:18 -0400
From:      "Miroslav Pendev" <shadow@CPE0004761ac738-CM00109515bc65.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
To:        "ro0t" <root@unixhideout.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Should I expect this?

> Hello, list:
>
> Are these viruses just something I should expect from time to time?  Of
> course, here at work, we have WinProxy, which, incidentally does a
> great job of detected and eliminating viruses before they get in, so it
> doen't really matter to me, but isn't there something that can be done
> before these posts make it out?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Joshua Lokken
> OMIC Portland Branch

> I have contacted him about it. I am waiting for a reply. As far as stopping
> spam and viruses this isnt my list. Youll have to ask whoever runs this list
> to do a better job of doing that. *cough

How about some mail rules into your favorite e-mail client
(Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.2416 (9.0.2910.0))
for 'moving' these into the right direction (folder)?

Or how about some mail filtering or virus checking on your mail server?
I just did it and it works perfect! No viruses... just your questions... ;->

If you are good enough to use FreeBSD, I think, you must know at lest
3 more ways to stop these for yourself.

About 'this isnt my list': Welcome to the real world!

--Miro