Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:22:03 -0400
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ldconfig & elf

>> Running 3.3, and everythings seems to be purring ok, except for the
>> occassional call to an elf library. I thought I understood the command,
>> somebody correct me if i'm off:
>Not sure if you do.

I do believe you're very right with this assessment =)

<snip various attempts>

>> Previously if i ran ldconfig -v -r -elf, I'd be shown what was in essence
>> and empty file.  Now if I run ldconfig -v -r -elf, I get a Bad system call
>> (core dumped).  Not sure what I did...
>
>This, however, is NOT correct. I am not sure why it would be core
>dumping. Before you try anthing else, why don't you rebuild your hints
>file,
>
># ldconfig -elf /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib
># ldconfig -r -elf

I tried running both, and I keep getting "exit on signal 12, core dump."
Just for giggles I tried running simply "ldconfig -elf", and I get the
errors that ulimit() and setup() are not supported.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for the help!!!
--John