Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:37:55 +0100
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        David Loszewski <stealth215@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help with monitoring healthd with mrtg plz???

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 06:58:55PM -0500, David Loszewski wrote:
> Target[temp]: `/usr/local/bin/healthdc cat | /usr/bin/awk '/^/ {print
> $2*10; print $3*10; print "a long time"; print $1}'`
> so I put that in my mrtg.cfg, ran it and this is what I get:
>
> healthdc: cat: No address associated with hostname
> WARNING: Could not get any data from external command
> '/usr/local/bin/healthdc cat | /usr/bin/awk '/^/ {print $2*10; print
> $3*10; print "a long time"; print $1}''

I think you should remove 'cat' in the above Target line, I don't use mrtg
anymore (rrdtool is a bit better I think) so I don't know if this will work
for mrtg. Try running the commands between `` in your shell to see the output.
That extra cat in there makes no sense; there's no file to cat so it gives an
error. The output of healthdc needs to be piped through awk, not through cat.

Hope this helps,

--
Axel Scheepers
UNIX System Administrator