Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 1994 10:03:30 -0500
From:      dusio <dusio@ws062.bytex.network.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dusio@ws062.bytex.network.com
Subject:   50 lines of video

Hi (again),

	I am unsuccessful in setting my video display to
50 line mode.  Probing the man pages suggests the use
of vidcontrol.

So, I tried "vidcontrol VGA_80x50"; I get the usage()
display.  I tried several variations of the above without
luck.  I remember getting a message about "??? unsupported
in current syscon".  What should I do to get 80x50 on
display hardware which is capable of it? (i.e. OK under DOS)

I believe that the vidcontrol executable is OK, because I
was able to set it to the 320x??? graphic mode.  It wigged
out my screen (I needed to reboot) but it sure did move
the display between modes.

I would appreciate any help

T.I.A.
   Joe Dusio (dusio@bytex.network.com)