Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 00:47:27 +0100
From:      se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        pitlord@usit.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booting problems

On Dec 31, pitlord@usit.net (Troy Settle) wrote:
> Also, while I'm posting, does anyone know if there's a way
> I can use a generic NE2000 PCI card that insists on sitting
> at IRQ 12, 0xFF40 ?

You didn't tell which FreeBSD version you are using.

For more than a half year, the ed0 isa device entry
in the config file enabled the PCI NE2000 probe, and
this should automatically configure your card.

You'll have to provide me with more details (best if
you boot with "-v" and send me the boot message log)
if you want me to look into this.

Regards, STefan