Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:25:15 EDT
From:      ATeslik@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Win/FreeBSD network

Hello List,

        I have 2 machines, 1 is BSD, 1 is win95. They can't ping each other,
but the bsd box comes up in Network Nieghborhood. What's going on? Is it not
possible to ping a windows machine from a unix box? They are on the same hub
via UTP. IPs are 192.168.1.x and netmasks are same (255.255.255.0). No ipfw
or routed running. Does anyone out there have a small network like this that
mabye I can bounce a few questions off you? Thanks in advance!

Alex