Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:22:51 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: new linux infrastructure ports are committed

Quoting Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> (from Fri, 3 Apr 2009 =20
12:51:27 +0300):

> On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 08:27:42AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org> (from Thu, 2 Apr 2009
>> 12:33:42 -0500 (CDT)):
>>
>> >What cannot be MFC'd besides TLS and NPTL?  For syscalls that cannot
>> >be MFC'd, can calls be written that help to some degree without
>> >breaking ABI?  The wiki page[1] is incomplete on what changes are to
>> >be MFC'd.  I can say that fstatat64() seems popular (called by rm)
>> >in /var/log/messages.
>>
>> *at() can not be MFCed as it would change the native VFS ABI (Roman
>> implemented the FreeBSD side of *at() calls to be able to emulate the
>> linux *at() calls).
> It can be MFCed with low-impact KBI breakage, and I have re@ approval

You need to rebuild all FS then, don't you? Would FUSE in this case =20
refuse to load when not rebuild? If not, what would be the impact of =20
not rebuilding but loading it?

> for the MFC. What actually stopped the merge is an issue with missed
> audit bits for dirfd descriptors. They are missed in HEAD too, so
> 8.0 needs some action to finish this.

Thanks for the info,
Alexander.

--=20
Scintillation is not always identification for an auric substance.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137