Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:40:47 +0100
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        simon@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XML version of the Usergroups (Diff attached)

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 04:23:22AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org> wrote
>   in <20050220130659.GA96515@elvandar.org>:
>
> r>    Recently i have been toying with merging the usergroups to XML.
> r>    I did the migration based on Josef El-Rayes' commercial version.
> r>
> r>    I would like you all to review the attached patch and send comments.
> r>    Note that i do not know very much about XML so changes like:
> r>
> r>    "Make it one page, or group on <whatever>" cannot be handled by me
> r>    yet. So i hope that for a change like that someone is going to help
> r>    me.
>
>  Hmmm, I think the concept is good, but making the XSLT stylesheet more
>  translator-friendly is needed.  Specifically, at least,
>  usergroups/entries.xsl should be added into the language independent
>  directory, and the XML databases can be partially overriden by
>  using the localized ones.  Also, usergroups.html can be automatically
>  generated from the databases.
>
>  IMHO, we should not use "Fill-in-the-blanks Stylesheet" without
>  sufficient content/style separation.  Scattering of similar
>  XSLT code limits reuse of data and results in making the maintenance
>  and translation very difficult...
>
>  I am not against your idea, but worrying about the impact of it on
>  maintainability.

Hi Hiroki,

   Thanks for the feedback!. Sadly i cannot handle this request since i
   do not understand enough of the XSLT and such to be able to do so.

   If you have any great ideas you are free to use the current usergroups
   that i rewrote to make it perfect. Ofcourse i would like to helpout and
   learn from it.

   This is also for any other person that has wishes. My clue about this is
   too little :-).

   Cheers!

--
Kind regards,