Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2000 09:45:31 -0600
From:      Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with PPP

--=====================_8045885==_.ALT

I recently upgraded from 3.3-STABLE to 4.0-RELEASE

Now my PPP link comes up but seems to fail after about 20 minutes.  I have
an ISDN modem and the B1 channel stays lit, but I can't ping anything.

Also, my hard drive starts making noise like it is writing to a log file or
something (this goes on constantly), but no log file that I have found, is
filling up.

I started my ppp link and afterwards started a ping to a site.  About 20
minutes later, instead of the successful ping results, I got back

"pinging - no buffer space"

The ppp.log file shows that the logfile turned over but nothing else....

Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)
1835 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
(972) 263-2080 - Voice
(972) 263-2082 - Fax
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone
(425) 988-8061 - eFax

Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.
System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do it.

--=====================_8045885==_.ALT

I recently upgraded from 3.3-STABLE to 4.0-RELEASE<br>
Now my PPP link comes up but seems to fail after about 20 minutes.&nbsp;
I have an ISDN modem and the B1 channel stays lit, but I can't ping
anything.<br>
Also, my hard drive starts making noise like it is writing to a log file
or something (this goes on constantly), but no log file that I have
found, is filling up.<br>
I started my ppp link and afterwards started a ping to a site.&nbsp;
About 20 minutes later, instead of the successful ping results, I got
back <br>
&quot;pinging - no buffer space&quot;<br>
The ppp.log file shows that the logfile turned over but nothing
else....<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Peter Elsner &lt;peter@servplex.com&gt;<br>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)<br>
1835 S. Carrier Parkway<br>
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051<br>
(972) 263-2080 - Voice<br>
(972) 263-2082 - Fax<br>
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone<br>
(425) 988-8061 - eFax<br>
Unix <b>IS</b> user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends
are.<br>
System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do
it.<br>