Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Loren Daniel Koss <loren@boingo.pciway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon' ERROR!@#

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Loren Daniel Koss wrote:
> What are stock limits?  I looked through the file but don't know where to
> look for definitions of everything.  Your help is greatly appreciated!

The limits set by the sample login.conf, I don't have an unmodified
one handy for comparison but since IIRC you mentioned hundreds of
messages about login class daemon you probably want to look at limits
such as maxproc, in the daemon section, and make sure it is appropriate
for your situation.

For example, if this is a web server, a maxproc=32 for class daemon
will not be enough.  128 or 256 might be better.

Depends entirley on the systems usage.  I think the limits in the
distributed login.conf are set for a single user machine.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com