Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:27:36 -0800
From:      "Briang" <brian@briang.org>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <kelleye@ghoul.dvcmedia.com>
Subject:   IPFW

We are running FreeBSD 3.0 with a Compaq Dual NIC , running IPFW & NATD and
DNS. Everything works fine but we keep getting these errors on the screen
about every 5 mins now >
'' /kernel: arp: 192.168.0.41 is on tl1 but got reply from 00:80:5f:6f:7f:eb
on tl0 ''

The Interfaces are ->
TL0 = 24.xxx.xxx.xxx /24
TL1 = 192.168.0.1 /24

We have tryed swapping the cables on the interfaces to see if we still got
the same errors, and we still got them, so I dont know what to do now. We
have noticed that after we added support for IPFW in the Kernel, on boot up
we now get ->
'' Dec 10 22:04:56 ns1 /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized, divert
enabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, unlimited logging ''

What does this line mean ? I'v never seen this before. -- " rule-based
forwarding disabled "

I'm thinking at this point this statment has something to do with whats
going on here. By the way we have tryed taking the Compaq NIC out and
putting in two 3Com NIC's to see what would happen, the samething it just
change it too -> Interfaces xl0 & xl1 same error.

Thanks
-Brian