Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 23:00:23 PDT
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Ed DeHart <dehart@pageone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WaveLAN with a PCI card

Ed DeHart <dehart@pageone.net> wrote:

> I am building a wireless LAN using the Lucent WaveLAN 11 mbps cards.
> I installed the PCI card with the WaveLAN PCMCIA card in my FreeBSD 4.0
> system.  The kernel does not see the card.  If I run pccardd it exits
> reporting it does not see any PCMCIA cards.

     We just had this discussion a few days ago.  Look in the
freebsd-mobile archives, and search for "wavelan" or "device timeout
with any card".

     Bottom line: at the very least, the PCI card won't work unless you
upgrade to FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE of at least May 29, 2000 (the fixes were
checked in on May 28th).

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com