Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:00:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj@ufl.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/18379: Information on SSH hard to find in Handbook

The following reply was made to PR docs/18379; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bob Johnson <bobj@ufl.edu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:50:26 -0500

 I have a draft document describing SSH and its usage that I wrote as a response
 to this PR.  It is available for review at http://www.afn.org/~ambient/sshfreebsd.rtf
 or http://www.afn.org/~ambient/sshfreebsd.html.  The RTF version has better
 formatting.

 At this point I am soliciting comments before I clean it up and submit it for
 inclusion in the Handbook, although if the Handbook maintainers want to take
 it and run with it as is, that's fine with me.

 My primary interest at this point is to try to catch factual errors.  A few
 things in the document are there on faith; I haven't tested them yet.  I still
 need to work on completing parts of it (I will probably get rid of some of the
 configuration stuff because that is adequately covered in the man pages).

 Note I am the original submitter of the PR: my email address has changed.