Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:46:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@mailhost.nrnet.org>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>, Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        FBSD Questions <Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Yahoo impersonator!!

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:

> For fuck's sake, a / is not a newline.  How the hell can you expect anyone
> to read this crap ?  And the numbers ?  I don't read K-Rad.

Thank you Mr. J!  I agree:  if you're going to rant, at least be eloquent,
well formatted and self effacing.   Proper spelling doesn't hurt either.
(Even when Dennis Miller expresses views contrary to my own, which I
regard as obviously sacrosanct, I still enjoy watching him.  Just not
on Monday Night Football!)

Then again:  I like my adversaries to be inarticulate so that the form of
their message is not at variance with the content...hmm...what a dilemma!
I'd better call that 900 number, the psychic hotline, and see what I should
do...and if I should continue running FreeBSD or switch to Betty's version:
FreeBDS (maybe she took too much LDS in the 60s?)

> > I have been reading this stuff & really do not know y
> > many intelligent people r mis-quoting the writer/The
> > writer did not say there where no christian cards in
> > the holiday section/The writer is RIGHT/I went thru

RIGHT in the political sense, to be sure.  Far RIGHT...
and apparently intimidated by (Groucho) Marxists who support Yahoo
or who don't support Yahoo but fail to support 'Christians' who
don't support Yahoo for the RIGHT reasons.  If 'My God is bigger
than your God!' why is it necessary to do all this public whining
in an inappropriate forum?  As Goethe said so long ago:
'Why the repetition if not a questionable proposition?'

[ Kampf gegen den Faschismus! ]

> > Valley 4 that matter/Boy what a mess of things a
> > pissed off organization could make if they wanted
> > 2/This was just 1 writer with 1 email/good thing this
> > writer has a sense of humor is all I have 2 say!

Fascism with a happy face is still fascism...so remember Betty:
If the boot fits, lick it!  :-)

Tongue in cheek here, just not all that firmly (I'm getting older!)

Cheers Jeremiah and Cliff!  Happy Solstice/Chanukah (sorry I won't be
sending you lads greeting cards - it's not that I don't support Yahoo,
it just the cards all look the same to me - in lynx! ;-)

Tom