Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 20:01:36 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "raf ar" <raf30@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: which unix to study?

"raf ar" writes:
> with the different flavors of unix, i dont know which one to learn, im a
> telecommunications student at devry and i know sooner or later i will be
> working on unix systems whether i like it or not, i have been reading the
> handbook in freebsd.org AND I FIND FREEBSD VERY INTERESTING, NOW MY QUESTION
> IS, WHAT FLAVOR OF UNIX WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR ME TO LEARN, IS FREE BSD THE
> CHOICE? KINDLY REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL, THNX...THEEO

I don't understand your question. You say you find FreeBSD very
intersting. Apparently you have time to study. So what's the question?
You need to be told to study something you find interesting?

Rather than be difficult I'll read between the lines and answer
something I think you are asking but don't know it yet. A smart-mouth
once said, "Don't believe everything you read." A wise sage twisted
that into something more as "Don't read everything you believe." If you
find FreeBSD interesting then don't worry about what the
telecummunications industry is using. If you know another advanced OS
when something else is before you, then you'll have a leg up on the
other students. Become fluent in both systems and when something
appears impossible in one but trivial in the other then you'll know it
can be done and have a good idea how to get there from here.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net