Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:07:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   top and 2.1.6

Hi all,

I had this problem a while back, but I thought perhaps I was doing
something wrong on my first "out of the box" 2.1.6 machine.  Now I have 3
others, and I have the same result on all three.  When I grab the "top"
port, during compile I end up with this:

cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -c display.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -c screen.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -c username.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -c utils.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -c version.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -c getopt.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -c machine.c
machine.c: In function `swapmode':
machine.c:793: storage size of `swaplist' isn't known
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Is this due to some change in 2.1.6, or a problem with the port, and does
anyone have any info?

TIA,

Charles

spork@super-g.com
"Finally powered by FBSD!!"

ps-  Have I mentioned that this OS kicks *ASS*!!  I haven't been so happy
since; I dunno,  I traded in my broadcasting degree to be an
overworked/underpaid sysadmin!!